Discover the Hiram Chittenden Locks as you watch boats “lock through” and see local salmon and harbor seals. Then, head over to Gas Works, a one-of-a-kind iconic park with stunning views and learn about the area’s local houseboat communities. This is a private tour for up to four people.
- Make your way to the Hiram Chittenden Locks and watch boats “lock through” right before your eyes.
- Look for baby salmon heading out to sea and adult salmon returning through the fish ladder.
- Uncover the history of the locks, how they transformed Seattle and why they are so important to maintaining the levels of the lakes behind it.
- Visit Gas Works Park, a former industrial site transformed into one of Seattle’s favorite and most iconic parks.
- Keep an eye out for sea planes landing/taking off and drive by Seattle’s houseboat communities along Lake Union to get a feel for this unique neighborhood.
- Private tour of Seattle’s Locks area for up to four people.
- Bottled water, coffee, and tea.
- Wear comfy shoes and appropriate weather gear as much of this tour is outside.
- Kids 8+ are welcome.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance.