Sea of Cortez & Pacific Ocean Private Surf Lesson
Fall in love with surfing during a private lesson in this tropical paradise teeming with underwater wildlife. Gain ocean confidence as you learn from the experts and practice essential surfing skills including paddling out, standing up and catching waves.
What You Will Do
- Meet up with a professional instructor with decades of experience as you get exclusive surfing tips from someone's who's seen and done it all
- Paddle out into swell waves with a quality surfboard that lets you shred these sapphire waters
- Take a break from the routine as you swim through the salty surf and soak up the tropical sun
- Practice the basics of surfing under the watchful eye of your private professor while you gain the skills you need to learn a new sport that you can enjoy for years to come
- Experienced bilingual instructor
- Soft board, surf shoes, and rash guard
- Beach umbrella, towels, beach chairs, purified water and a wet suit
From mid-March to late October, the swells are on the Sea of Cortez side, which means great waves may be breaking right in front of your hotel. Operator's spring and summer headquarters are the original Costa Azul Surf shop overlooking Playa Costa Azul in San Jose del Cabo. From Mid-November to mid-March, the swells are on the Pacific side of the Baja Peninsula. Operator's headquarters are at the Costa Azul Surf Stand on Los Cerritos Beach, just south of Todos Santos.
- 21 Ratings
My husband and I did a private surf lesson with Roy for my 40th birthday! We had the best experience ever! I can't wait to try surfing again. Would definitely recommend this for anyone wishing to try surfing. I would really like to let my kids try surfing now.
We had a GREAT experience with Alex and his crew at Costa Azul. My wife and I both were surfing waves by the end of the lesson. We booked a private lesson--not sure how long we were supposed to have with Alex, but we were both exhausted after about 2 hours. I got the feeling we could have been in the water with him all day with no problems! He is a a great instructor and a great guy! If I were to get another lesson, it would be with him, but I don't need one! When I go back to Cabo, I will rent boards from him to support his business!
Alex was an amazing instructor. He was energetic, gave clear instruction, and was very encouraging. I would highly recommend Costa Azul to anyone looking to try out surfing.
Amazing staff great instruction!