- 66 Ratings
Guided Tour of the Mission and Castro Districts
Explore the social movements that shaped San Francisco on a tour of two classic neighborhoods. Learn how artists and activists organize to fight gentrification and preserve local culture in the Mission and Castro districts.
What You Will Do
- Discover hidden gems and check out iconic landmarks in two of San Francisco's most colorful neighborhoods
- See the famous Clarion Alley and Women's Building, plus admire the unique and ever-changing art found on the walls of the Mission District
- Learn all about the history of the Castro neighborhood—visit Harvey Milk Plaza and see the first stand-alone LGBT Museum
- Sample the vast array of delicious food throughout the Mission, including the best Mexican cuisine in town
- Get amazing city views from a favorite local hangout spot, Dolores Park, and see historic structures, like the Old Spanish Mission, up close
- Guided four and a half hour walking tour
Parties are limited to six or fewer. For groups of seven or more, please book a private tour. Tours run rain or shine.
- 66 Ratings
Patches embodies the spirit of Castro--sharp, funny, unique, and gay! My wife and I discovered we're "Allies" of the community and proud to be... We'll help promote WSF whenever we can...
Both the Castro tour and the Mission tours were conducted with energy and enthusiasm by very knowledgeable guides. My wife Julie and I were engaged and learned a lot about these two areas of the city as well as getting a better feel and appreciation for all of San Francisco. Wes and Maz obviously love the city, the culture and enjoy sharing it.