SF Urban Jungles and City Heights Tour
Hike to the top of some of the city’s famous hills for great views on a guided tour. Get back down to street level via stairs or slide.
What You Will Do
- Sweeping views of the city and Twin Peaks from Kite Hill
- Opportunity to slide down Seward Street Slides in a park designed by a 14 year old
- Hike along an unmarked hiking trail to the summit of Twin Peaks
- Walk the trails of a hidden eucalyptus forest behind Sutro Tower
- Panoramic views of Golden Gate Park, the Golden Gate Bridge, and downtown SF from Tank Hill
- Wander ghost streets and quaint stairways from Acme Alley to 211-step Pemberton Place
If you can, you'll want to use public transit instead of a car. There are some metered spots along 18th Street between Sanchez and Eureka, but empty spots can be hard to find. On Sunday, parking is easier as the two hour neighborhood permits don't apply. There is a garage about 1.5 miles from the hike start at Mission/Bartlett Garage 3255 21st Street / 90 Bartlett Street. Hiking shoes are the best option for our hike. If you don’t have hiking shoes, sneakers are fine. Open-toed shoes are discouraged because you'll encounter some sharp rocks on some of the trails. It's also pretty muddy on one section of the hike, so make sure your shoes and clothes are ok in the mud. Please bring layers that account for both warmer and colder temperatures. This tour is recommended for ages 12+. Dogs are welcome but please ask before your bring your dog.