SF Three Hour VW Bug Tour
Tour San Francisco in a restored VW Beetle convertible with a video camera to record your tour and a GPS preloaded with San Francisco's iconic destinations.
What You Will Do
- 3 hour rental of a brightly-colored VW Bug Beetle for a chance to explore the city and its major attractions in an unforgettable way
- State-of-the-art digital GPS that comes pre-loaded with easy directions to popular tourist locations such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower, Chinatown, Golden Gate Park, the Castro, Palace of Fine Arts, Exploratorium, Fisherman's Wharf, the Cable Car Museum, Haight Ashbury and Sausalito
- Onboard remote controlled video camera that records the entire sightseeing experience so that you’ll never forget it, and so you can bring home a complimentary copy to show your friends and family
- Pre-tour orientation with the vehicle, the GPS and the onboard camera delivered by an experienced guide who also offers tips on how to best navigate the city
- Restored VW Bug convertible
- Preloaded GPS with directions to all San Francisco's iconic destinations
- HD video camera to record your tour and take home to share with family and friends
You must be able to drive a manual transmission.
- 12 Ratings
We had a wonderful 3 hour tour with our bugster. So much fun. We really enjoyed it driving in and around San Francisco. Bruno and Larry, the mechanics were really really friendly and helpful. Everything worked out perfectly. This bugster was a dream. We will definitely rent a bugster again in SF. So much fun in the most beautiful city. Thanks a lot for giving this opportunity to rent a bugster from 1961!!!! See you soon, Nici & max from Germany
Friendly an cooperative. Wonderful experience!
THE best way to see San Francisco!
We were very pleased with the bugs. Enjoyed ourselves very much.. Wish we would have reserved them for the 5 hours instead of 3.
I am glad I did this I had pretty high expectations so maybe that was an issue but Larry was really helpful and nice guy but a better suggestion on the route would have been good. We collected car in morning and it took about 30 mins to get processed and away and we went over Golden Gate to furthest point as suggested. It was cold and a bit scary in a 1960's car with the big trucks in the fog but we made it. By the time we got back, the turn off under the bridge was jammed so we had to miss it and Lombard Street had a 30 minute queue to go up the back befor going down which ate a chunk of our time. If I were doing it again, I would go Lombard first as route from pick up is better than route from GG then go over GG. If you are doing this remember these are old manaul cars so need some respect, I have a 1970 one myself so controls not an issue but if you haven't driven one before, there are a lot of hills in SF!!
Everything was great! Really fun way to go around the city!