Guided Exploration of Chinatown in San Francisco
Explore the oldest Chinatown in North America and the largest outside Asia. Uncover the back alleys and the real Chinatown where locals live and conduct their lives and tourists rarely venture.
What You Will Do
- Enjoy a comprehensive and interactive jaunt through the oldest Chinatown in North America with a friendly and knowledgeable local guide
- Feel as if you have been transported to Asia, where English is not the primary language, and the air carries the fragrance of green tea and incense
- Visit the usual stops for tourists and travelers, then check out the area where the locals live and continue age-old traditions
- Learn about the history of the neighborhood, which stretches all the way back to the 1840s
- Visit a fortune cookie factory, Chinese herbalists and bakeries, a sausage factory, and stop at a tea tasting ceremony
- Head to a Buddhist Temple to take part in a ceremony and have your future foretold
- Explore open-air markets, public squares, cultural centers, narrow staircases, and visit the first Catholic Cathedral in California
- Optional lunch provided
- Chinatown walking tour
- Comprehensive historical commentary
- Expert guide
- Photos will be taken and sent to you after the tour
Please wear comfortable shoes. Upon booking, please let vendor know if you have any specific dietary restrictions or allergies. This walking tour will cross many hills on crowded narrow streets. Many parts of this tour are not wheelchair accessible. For example, Buddhist temples are almost exclusively on the top floor, which in Chinatown means the 3rd or 4th floor with no elevator. No pets.
24 hour cancelation policy.
- 9 Ratings