Local Tastes Chinatown Walking Tour
Taste your way through San Francisco’s famous Chinatown on a guided walking tour. Try dim sum, fortune cookies, and other authentic eats.
What You Will Do
- Walking tour led by a Chinatown local
- The tour begins with viewing of authentic Chinese antiques at one of the best places in Chinatown; you'll see statuettes and ritual objects that are literally thousands of years old
- A music center where you can see rare and foreign musical instruments
- Tastes of dim sum (a type of Chinese cuisine) from Chinatown's oldest bakery in San Francisco
- Stops at a Buddhist temple oldest cathedrals in San Francisco and Chinese markets
- Chance to sample exquisite teas
- Viewing of authentic Chinese antiques, statuettes, and ritual objects that are thousands of years old
- Visit to a fortune cookie company to watch how fortune cookies are made
Check in between 10 am and 2 pm. Bring a light wind-breaker or jacket as San Francisco can get chilly even in the summer. The tour covers a distance of about 7-8 blocks.