- 7 Ratings
Introduction to Kiteboarding on Toll Plaza Beach
Discover the heart pounding fun of kiteboarding with this introductory lesson that gets you involved, and in the water. Get attached to your kite, manage it with a control bar, and ride the currents!
What You Will Do
- Head to a perfect spot for kiteboarding for your lesson, the Emeryville Marina, that has some of the most consistent winds in the Bay Area
- Learn all about kiteboarding from certified instructors who are happy to work with any level
- Get the low down on steering and safety as you practice on the beach
- Discover the tricks behind wind theory to uncover how to turn this natural source of energy to your advantage
- Enjoy a day on the beach and start a new passion with kiteboarding
- Guided instruction
- Safety helmet
This lesson is conducted on land. In order for this lesson to be successful winds of at least 10kts are needed. May also use Berkeley's Caesar Chavez Park as an alternative location.
At times we may have to cancel lessons at the last minute due to varying factors such as unsafe and/or unfavorable conditions, thunder, lightning, gusty winds, off shore winds, light wind or no wind. If we make the decision to cancel the lesson, you and your instructor will find a mutually agreed upon time for rescheduling. If you cannot reschedule KGB Kiteboarding / KGBswag reserves the right to issue you a lesson time credit and not to issue a refund as a result of unfavorable and unsafe weather/tide conditions. If you cancel at least 48 hours prior to your lesson time you will be rescheduled without penalty. If you cancel/reschedule your lesson within 48 - 24 hours these policies will be in effect: Outright Cancelation – a $50 fee will be applied. Cancelation with a reschedule – a $30 fee will be applied. If you cancel/reschedule within 24 hours these policies will be in effect: Outright cancellation – 50% of your schedule lesson cost will be applied. Cancelation with a reschedule – a $50 fee will be applied. No show, no refund.
- 7 Ratings