- 64 Ratings
Classic SF: Tour Chinatown and North Beach
Take an interactive journey through San Francisco as you discover the city's storied history and culture from the Gold Rush to today. Learn about the city's origins and eventual rise as an overnight metropolis—home to the crazed, the wealthy and the inspirational as you explore Chinatown, North Beach and the former Barbary Coast.
What You Will Do
- Sample delicious cookies from a Fortune Cookie factory, walk down photogenic alleys and visit the first Chinese Temple in the United States, the Tin How Temple, as you learn about Chinatown's vibrant history
- See the city's tallest structure, the Transamerica Pyramid, view the remnants of an underground tunnel and visit the site of buried Gold Rush ships while you make your way through some of the city's historic sites
- Travel to a secret rooftop that boasts expansive views and scenic vistas that overlook the city and the bay
- Tour Portsmouth Square, see Waverly Place's painted balconies, visit the former home of the eccentric Emperor Norton and more as you learn about the city's fanciful history from your creative tour guide
- Take a break from your tour with a visit to a local cafe for delicious treats and warm drinks
- Tour with a working creative/artist tour guide
- Break at a local cafe
- 64 Ratings
Mina was a fabulous tour guide. She was witty, engaging, friendly and knowledgeable. We enjoyed our tour very much.
My husband and I had a great fun while taking a tour with Fischerman. He's absolutely amazing guide, engaged in passionate, not only in the way he tells the stories, but also which stories does he tell and the picture of SF that he builds throughout them. Thank you, Fischer. You mad our stay in SF!
A lot of good info on the different topics of Barbary coast, Chinatown and North beach. Mina was a delightful guide, it was well paced and a lot of fun. Would do again!
Mina was very knowledgeable and entertaining! Her stories brought the history of San Francisco to life!