- Two-hour historical walking tour of the Castro District
- Knowledgeable local guide
- 155 Ratings
Walking Tour of the Castro District
Tour San Francisco's famous, historic LGBT neighborhood with some of the most knowledgeable guides in the city. This comprehensive cultural tour covers the past, present and future of the neighborhood, equal rights and some of the most colorful sights in the Bay Area.
What You Will Do
- Experience the past and present of San Francisco's LGBT community, established in the vibrant Castro District, on a 2 hour walking tour
- Check out the legendary Rainbow Honor Walk, an homage to influential members of the LGBT community
- Visit several sites central to the human rights movement on the West Coast
- Learn little-known facts, such as how San Francisco's Gold Rush led to the area's first gay community
The tour route is easy with no large hills. Public walkways and restrooms are handicap accessible. Tours include adult and sexual contents, parental discretion is advised. Tours operate rain or shine.
Tours operate rain or shine and are non-refundable. Operator has the right to cancel and/or reschedule tours accordingly.
- 155 Ratings
Kathy was super!!!
Our tour guide Kathy was very knowledgeable and I could feel her deep passion and pride for the work that she does and the community she co-creates in the neighbourhood. I loved her humour, passion and authenticity!
Kathy was excellent. There were straight and gay people on the tour, and she made everyone feel welcome. Lots of great information. Wish the tour was longer.
This was a really well-planned tour - informative and way better than anything self-guided . Our guide, Kathy, was so knowledgeable, witty and considerate. Our group agrees: Cruisin the Castro is a must for SF visitors!
Excellent warm and personalized experience. The insiders perspective was amazing from someone who has lived there for a long time. Also made us feel safe walking in streets that has its fair share of intimidating characters especially for a first time visitor.