San Francisco Eats with Anna Weinberg
Restauranteur - Owner of Park Tavern
Food Experience Hunter
My earliest travel memory is, naturally, of a food-related experience: drinking hot chocolate in Oregon. Today when I travel, I continue on the same course as I seek out food, sun, beauty, food, luxury, and did I mention food? I'm fortunate enough to live in San Francisco, and it is a foodie heaven! Be sure to arrive with an empty stomach, and be ready to leave your heart :)
My favorite places to eat
1. The Hog Island Oyster Company for oysters, Sancerre, and the best grilled cheese sandwich in the world.
2. Cotogna for the ultimate market-driven experience in an easy breezy setting from a 4-star, James beard award-winning chef.
3. Park Tavern for the best deviled eggs, roast chicken, and bar scene.
My hidden gems: Outerlands and Plow are all teeny tiny spots that serve the best food in town in off-the-beaten-path neighborhoods.
The activities not to be missed
1. Coit Tower at sunset.
2. The Golden Gate Bridge from the Marin side.
3. The de Young Museum.
4. The farmers market at the Ferry Building.
5. Vintage shopping in the Mission district.
The place I'm most excited to go to next is Turkey.