Coastal Luxury in Half Moon Bay with Peek CEO Ruzwana Bashir
When one of my best friends came to visit me in San Francisco, I knew we had to make the most of our time together. We got our long overdue catch-up by escaping San Francisco for the Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay. Half Moon Bay proved to be the ideal hideaway from city-life. Its incredible views of the Northern California coast proved to be the perfect backdrop for an R&R-filled weekend, with some kayaking and horse riding thrown in for good measure.
Activities that can't be missed
- Horse riding along the beach for incredible views.
- Kayaking from Pillar Point Harbor. Learn local history, see all kinds of wildlife, and check out the legendary Mavericks surf spot.
- Take a scenic drive up Highway 35, also known as Skyline Drive. Views of the bay slip away as you drive away from the coast, but soon enough you'll be spotting the redwoods!
Favorite places to eat
- Navio - It's the best Sunday brunch you can have! Enjoy anything from oysters through to a selection of over one hundred desserts.
- Pasta Moon - This restaurant makes everything in house, from their fresh pastas and breads to the mozzarella. I recommend the Ribollita!
My hidden gems
- Go to Moss Beach Distillery for lunch, then take a walk along the path nearby overlooking the beaches. There's one beach that you can't reach, but you can see a colony of sea lions lazing the day away!
- While staying at the Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, order a s'mores kit to enjoy at a firepit.