Take your class on a fun and exciting field trip to the beautiful Water Conservation Garden! Tour water-wise plant trails and animal habitats, and enjoy an interactive learning lesson.
Duration:  1hr 30mins - 2hrs
Best Price Guaranteed
- Embark on an interactive educational adventure and learn about parts of the plant and their adaptations, how to be water-smart in our region, and why saving the earth’s ecosystems are so important for our friends and animals
- Spend quality time in nature, discovering the importance of caring for the environment and for one another
- Engage your students in fun activities that meet California State Standards, E-STEM, and Next Generation Science Standards
- Explore the Native Habitat Garden, along with a whimsical garden tour and a gardening activity where each student plants a succulent to take home!
- Educational Field Trip
- A planted succulent to take home
- All students will do a hands-on planting to take home, and younger students will learn a conservation song in Sign Language
- Please bring 1 box per class to store the potted pots in the box to travel back to school
- Please dress for the weather. Bring sun protection (sunscreen, hats, parasols), and wear closed-toed shoes.
During the months of November through March, there can be a slight chill in the air, so we recommend students having
a long-sleeved layer
- If you need to cancel for any reason, 48 hours notice is required
Mar 3, 2020
Our 3rd grade classes love coming to the Water Conservation Garden for a Ms. Smarty Plants Field Trip! It is fun, educational, and engaging! We learn so much about how to Earth Heroes! Students have opportunities to touch and smell different kinds of plants. They also get to taste different kinds of vegetables and learn about water conserving plants. Lastly, they learn the importance of not wasting water which is so crucial to Southern California.
Jan 10, 2020
Well organized. Kids had a blast!
Jun 10, 2019
This field trip is always my favorite. I love the water conservation lesson, they present in a way that 7 year olds can understand.
Meeting location:  12122 Cuyamaca College Dr W
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year