Ride from our ranch and take in the picturesque views as your guide leads you through the beautiful trail and white sands beach on horseback. Feel the cool breeze and warm sun on your face. Ride! Refresh! Relax!
Duration:  1hr 30mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- Discover fun of horseback as you travel to the southwestern most point in the continental United States
- Head to Border Field State Park for an unforgettable journey along the water
- Enjoy the cool ocean breeze as you ride along the sandy beach along the water’s edge
- Look out for dolphins and seals in the nearby waves, or scope out the many waterfowl
- Friendly and knowledgeable adventure guide for horseback riding adventure
- The beach closes at dark and horses must be off the beach prior to dark
- Riders under 18 must wear a helmet
- No riders under the age of 6 can ride on the trail
- Children that are 6 and 7 years old can ride but must be ponied by the trail guide
- Riders cannot exceed a maximum weight limit of 220 lbs/ 99.79 kg
- All riders must wear closed-toe shoes and jeans
- Smoking and alcohol not allowed
- Running and trotting not allowed
- Pets not allowed
- The operator reserves the right to charge for any reservations canceled without 48 hours prior notice
- Credit cards will be charged for all reservations made with less than 48-hour notice
- A 10% cancellation fee will be charged outside the 48-hour notice
Sep 20, 2022
We had a great time. Good horses, good guide and a great environment to ride in. Beautiful beach.
Sep 15, 2022
I did a 3h beach ride and it was amazing. I am a passionate rider but they can pick the horses for you for every skill level. I had an amazing time and am very grateful for this wonderful experience!
Aug 30, 2022
Awesome experience! Great trail, horses, and guide!
Aug 27, 2022
Really enjoyed the trail ride and loved the time on the beach. The horse was calm and made for an all round great experience
Jul 21, 2022
Jul 5, 2022
Apr 24, 2022
My guide was incredibly friendly, helpful and extremely nice. My horse was perfectly behaved, and obviously taken care of very well. The scenery was breathtaking. The ride was worth every penny. There are very few places you can ride on the beach in California. I wish I could do that ride every day! I would strongly recommend this memorable experience to everyone! No visit to San Diego is complete without this memorable experience.
Apr 23, 2022
Eileen was very personable. She led our party of two out to the beach and back on a great tour. We will be back.
Apr 3, 2022
I booked a 3 hour beach adventure for March 20th at 2 pm. I received a call at 12:25 pm if we'd be willing to push our private party from 2 to 3 pm. I advised the ranch we will be coming early as we planned to eat after the ride as my 12 yr old was a bit nervous eating beforehand. Eileen the manager of the facility came rolling on the ranch at 4:15 pm with another party. Our 3 pm got shoved to 5 pm. Now we're in a bit of negotiation as the sunset was showing to be at 7 pm. I was advised it's an hour ride to the beach through the trails and 1 hour back. Our trip will need to be cut short and that horses are not taken to the beach like it was advertised and need to be back before sundown. I requested for a partial refund was possible since the negotiated time of 3 pm was pushed to 5 pm without permission. I had 2 kiddos with me, who waited all day. Eileen was on the phone with her mother (while the horses were eating and getting food to go back out), the owner of the ranch and advised I would be compensated for the ride if it's cut short. We left at 4:50 pm and rolled in at 7:14pm going 7.82 miles around trip. We spent 14 minutes on the beach when the expectation was 3 hours to overlook the ocean and potentially view dolphins as described in the description. I understand the Ranch cannot control what we see, however they can hold to a negotiated start time to be ON TIME and provide a service someone signed up for ON THE BEACH not 2 hours of trail riding. Boring, I can do that in our back yard. The experience was to be ON the BEACH. Last but not least, you ARE required to remain in line cannot go side by side behind the guide. So another point of false advertising. Buyer beware. Thank goodness our guide who was thrown at us last minute spoke up when she felt my 12 yr old should be a different horse because the guide didn't feel comfortable with 2 horses with behaviors she had to keep under wrap. That is the only reason why I chose to go ahead and not disappointment my kiddos. By the time we hit up a restaurant it was after 8 pm - over 8 hours without food. Cranky kids with headaches. Thanks, just thanks. I still expect a refund and took a screen shot of our time on the horses so you cannot dispute the time.
Mar 29, 2022
Great people and amazing horses.
Meeting location:  2225 Hollister St
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year