Mississippi River Sunset Kayaking Tour
Explore the river at its most magical time of the day: sunset. Paddle down the river and gaze out at a vivid sunset that paints the sky in vibrant colors. Top off your experience with craft beer.
What You Will Do
- Explore a different section of the Mississippi River—one far away from the large shipping routes and commercial activities, where the calm waters are shaded by forested canopies
- Start your tour with a kayaking lesson that will help you master the basics before hitting the water
- Coast through scenic paths and wandering channels as you marvel at the natural beauty of the largest river ecosystem on the continent
- Pull your kayaks ashore for some time on Lake Pepin, where you'll have amazing photo opportunities of both the lake and the sunset
- End the day paddling to a local brewery where you can sip on a rich local brew
- Kayak and equipment
- Brief kayaking lesson
- Guided brewery visit with craft beer sample
A pair of heeled sandals like Chacos, Tevas, or Keens are best. Aqua socks or just a pair of sneakers you don't mind getting wet. Please no Timberland or Redwing Boots. Guests may also paddle barefoot. Most clothes will work, but cotton is not best when the temperatures are down in the Spring and Fall. Kayaks have a weight limit of 250-300 pounds.