Vallarta Southside Neighborhood Walk
Discover the magic of Puerto Vallarta on a walking tour that gives you an intimate look into some of the city’s original neighborhoods. Stroll along shady cobblestone streets while you visit local markets full of farm produce, fresh fish, hot tortillas and cold drinks. History and lively stories included.
What You Will Do
- Stroll through old neighborhoods of Puerto Vallarta with a native English speaker and resident whose love of the city is evident through the fascinating insights you hear
- Cross a swinging pedestrian bridge that hangs over the Rio Cuale and connects downtown with the residential area
- Explore a 1970s historical hotel with a juicy past that underwent extensive renovations into an intimate B&B
- Encounter artisans and artists crafting colorful pieces that range from folk art to ceramic tiles, sinks, vases and sculptures of all kinds
- Sample hot tortillas and freshly pressed pineapple juice while viewing the second-oldest church in town
- Guided walking tour of Puerto Vallarta
- Local resident and guide who shares little-known stories and facts
- Hot tortillas
Since this walk is an immersion into the culture with visits to small local artisan workshops and markets, a maximum of 10 people are allowed. Pets are not allowed.
Children must be at least 9 years old. Guests should bring water, a hat, sunglasses, a camera, pesos for shopping and tip for the guide. Reservations must be made 48 hours in advance, allowing for approval from tour company based on availability.
Full refund if canceled at least 48 hours in advance. 50% refund if canceled less than 48 hours in advance. No refund for no-shows.
- 1 Rating