Vallarta Historic El Centro Walk
Fall in love with Puerto Vallarta on a walking tour that gives you an intimate look into the oldest part of the city. Stroll along cobblestone streets while you learn how the town began as a small fishing village over 150 years ago. Enjoy the ocean, sun and breeze as you visit many historical places.
What You Will Do
- Stroll through the oldest part of Puerto Vallarta with a native English speaker and resident whose love of the city is evident through the fascinating insights you hear
- Walk the cobblestone streets, typical of Spanish Colonial architecture, while absorbing the sights, smells and sounds of daily life
- Explore the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe, and gaze up at the sky-high bell tower—a Puerto Vallarta icon—that's still rung by hand
- Meet several local merchants while enjoying their many crafts, food and artisan wares
- Hear about the legends of the Huichol Indians, whose beautiful and intricate beadwork you see demonstrated
- Guided walking tour of Puerto Vallarta
- Local resident and guide who shares little-known stories and facts
Since this walk is an immersion into the culture with visits to small local artisan workshops and markets, a maximum of 10 people are allowed. Pets are not allowed.
Children must be at least 9 years old. Guests should bring water, a hat, sunglasses, a camera, pesos for shopping and tip for the guide. Reservations must be made 48 hours in advance, allowing for approval from tour company based on availability.
Full refund if canceled at least 48 hours in advance. 50% refund if canceled less than 48 hours in advance. No refund for no-shows.
- 1 Rating