- 22 Ratings
Bird Watching in the Sierra del Vallejo Biosphere Reserve
Watch a world of wonder take flight on a birding excursion in the heart of Mexico! Journey to the Sierra del Vallejo Biosphere Reserve where the salty waters of the Pacific meet the fresh waters of the Ameca River. Black-bellied tree duck, great blue heron, roseate spoonbill, herons, and more make their homes in this tropical paradise. Tour two more fantastic stops that offer stunning views of both local birds and scenic landscapes.
What You Will Do
- Enjoy round-trip transportation to and from the bird-watching sites in an air-conditioned van that gives you a break from the tropical weather
- Follow your expert, bilingual guide as they lead you to the ideal spots for catching a glimpse of winged wonders
- Wander through a local biosphere reserve where a confluence of salty and fresh water invites a rich variety of birds to nest including black-bellied tree duck, great blue heron, roseate spoonbill, and more
- Head to Sayulita and San Pancho where ideal estuaries for seeing tropical wonders await
- Sit down for a tasty continental breakfast for a quick break from all the fun
- Guided bird watching tour
- Bottled water and continental breakfast
Bring binoculars, all terrain shoes or tennis shoes, insect repellent, a hat or cap, and a camera.
- 22 Ratings
I knew nothing about your tour. The trip leader was very good and I enjoyed the experience. The logistics getting to the meeting point could be better as the taxi driver didn't know the ex act location and had to do some searching.