Prohibition Pub Crawl in New York City
Discuss the history of the prohibition in New York over some cocktails. Discover the hidden, booze-filled underbelly of New York City in the 1920's and 1930's during a pub crawl.
What You Will Do
- Hear the tale behind the enactment of the Volstead Act as you check out spots that served as speakeasies during Prohibition
- Learn about the area's historical and cultural background, which led to the establishment of the Eighteenth Amendment
- Uncover the major actors in this long-simmering cultural debate, including the Temperance movement
- See for yourself how New York City became the wettest city in the United States during Prohibition with some 32,000 speakeasies
- Drink beer, wine, and vintage craft cocktails made by top bartenders with nary a hint of scandal
- Guided pub crawl
$10 penalty for no shows or same day cancellations payable to GANYC.