We have created this page as a hub for advice, resources and updates regarding the impact of COVID-19 for tour operators.
We know this is a difficult time for the industry and understand that you may have questions and concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19.
We wanted to let you know that we are here to help and it’s not a losing battle – there are many ways you can adapt and fight back.
Access to capital:
- CARES Act: Paycheck Protection Program – Gain access to capital through the Paycheck Protection Program, (part of the $2T stimulus provided by the CARES Act). $367B of this initiative is designated to loans for small- and medium-sized businesses – learn the terms, if you’re eligible, and how to apply for one here.
- SBA’s Low-Interest Disaster Loans – Navigate the wealth of information on the loans the U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) is providing for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters in our blog. Plus, easily see if you’re eligible and apply for one here.
- Google’s $800M+ Aid to Support Small Businesses and Crisis Response – Read Google’s announcement to provide aid to small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), health organizations, governments, and health workers. Its commitment includes a $200M investment fund to help provide small businesses with access to capital, $340M in Google Ad credits for SMBs, and more.
- ‘Why Companies Turn to Digital Marketing to Survive COVID-19’ – Read why Forbes says an effective digital marketing strategy is the “deciding factor” in whether companies will make it through the tough times ahead.
- Free Marketing Consultancy – Get a free digital audit on your website & web presence along with tips on how to improve both during a 30-minute live review from 9068 Creative.
- ’10 Best Practices for Tour Operators in the Face of COVID-19′ Blog – Learn top strategies to use to weather the storm and move forward.
- ‘The Coronavirus Marketing Plan for Tour Operators‘ Blog – Check out this new blog, detailing a marketing blueprint for operators, from TOMIS, a marketing intelligence software company.
Advice from industry veterans:
- ‘5 Things Tour Operators Should Be Doing Right Now’ Webinar – Watch Josh Oakes, co-founder of The Sunshine Tribe, delve into the critical strategies every tour operator should be embracing to push forward.
- ‘Attracting Tourists After Troubled Times’ Blog – Regroup and prepare your business for when the dust settles and bookings ramp up with the tips and insights from Stephanie Fiero of Tourism Tiger in this guest blog.
- ‘Working From Home Tips for Tour Operators’ Webinar – Learn how to best focus your time working from home, regarding your company’s budget, digital campaigns, adapted operations, and more in Peek leader Erik Hormann’s latest video.
- Arival’s ‘Town Hall’ and Pulse Study on COVID-19 – Read key takeaways from leading tour & activity operators on the current situation along with the results of Arival’s recent coronavirus pulse study.
- A Travel Marketing Expert’s Coronavirus Battle Plan – Learn how to assess, adapt, and survive the current climate in this 20-page ‘battle plan’ by travel marketing expert Chris Torres. He’s also posted this article and video about how to market your travel company against the effects of Coronavirus.
- ‘Disaster Is Just an Opportunity in Hiding’ Blog – Read Peter Syme’s industry insights on the best course of action for tour operators to take now and how to create and seize opportunities even when times seem bleak in this detailed blog.
Stay Updated and Connected:
- Arival’s Webinar Series for Tour Operators – Watch Arival’s series of webinars for tour and activity operators, which started on March 12th. Follow this link to register for the upcoming webinars and to watch the others on-demand.
- Tourmageddon: A COVID-19 Resource and Advice Hub – Find more resources, top tips, recovery plans, and more, edited by industry experts, Alex Bainbridge (Autoura / DestinationCTO), Peter Syme and Chris Torres. Sign up to receive email updates or follow them on Twitter @TourmageddonH.
- Global Rescue’s Live Blog on Global COVID-19 Updates – Stay up-to-date on the news on Coronavirus-related developments around the world as they are reported.
- Skift’s Live Blog on COVID-19 Travel Industry News and Updates – Keep up on any immediate developments specifically regarding the Coronavirus in the travel industry. For more daily industry news updates, follow the DTTT, Digital Tourism Think Tank.
- Global Tourism Crisis Committee Convened – Read the full details on the World Tourism Organization’s (UNWTO) decision to convene the Global Tourism Crisis Committee to address COVID-19’s impacts on the travel sector.
Examples of Operators Adapting:
- Newly Created Virtual Tours – Check out how world-famous cultural institutions are embracing tech-savvy solutions and welcoming visitors with VR tours. The Winchester Mystery House is just one of our partners who’ve been following suit.
- Other Adapted Activities – Browse a wide range of adapted activities across the industry, including everything from virtual tours to “Shelter-in Style” kits to “Food Tours in a Box.”
- ‘What we’re doing about coronavirus (and why it doesn’t include canceling)’ Blog – Read how the Australian tour company Walks101 is coping with the impact of coronavirus in their own words here.
- Collaborations with Community Foundations – Check out how our partner ‘Your Biker Gang’ has teamed up with the Austin Community Foundation to help raise the funds needed to protect local businesses feeling the effects of the virus.
- Adapted Refund Policies – Keep track of how the industry is adapting their refund policies in response to COVID-19 with this travel company refund tracker.
Appeal to your local community:
- ‘Driving Community Support’ Blog – Learn tips on how to help your community best support your business. We’ve also included email templates and social media posts in this blog to help you get these campaigns up and running, without having to start from scratch.
- 11 Ways Your Community Can Help Travel Companies – See examples of how your community can help businesses like yours in this article by Linsey Stevens from Travel Awaits – share this on your social media to garner local support.
Once again, we are here to help. If you have any questions just reply to this email or give us a call on +1 (415) 361-5564, our Partner Support team is here to help 24/7.
The Team at Peek