- 25 Ratings
Private Surf Lesson in Maui
Go from beachside onlooker to wave-riding surf star with informative private instruction designed to get you up and riding waves in no time.
What You Will Do
- Private one on one training from an experienced and certified instructor
- Introduction to the basics of surfing, surfing safety, and surfing etiquette
- Tips and tricks to help you master paddling, balance, wave evaluation, and foot positioning
- Includes a 15 minute land lesson on the basics of surfing, emphasizing water safety.
- Surfboard, surf gear, long sleeve rashguard, and reef booties
Please bring a swimsuit, towel, and sunscreen.
- 25 Ratings
My instructor Patrick was excellent. He was mellow, laid back and brought the kind of vibe you would expect from someone who grew up surfing Maui. His instructions were clear and he was able to key in on the specific things I needed to progress. He did not overwhelm me with too much to think about. He had me focus on the feeling and the flow of the experience. I immediately signed up for three more lessons with him!
Our 9 year old had a blast. Renten, was an awesome instructor. He taught both the how and why to surfing. We will be coming back to Maui wave riders in the future.
Kihe and Sonny made the whole experience perfect. They were super helpful and great surf teachers. Kids and dad had the best time.
I had my son take surfing lesson and we were so fortunate to have Chad as his instructor. He is very patient and good to my son who is only 7 yrs old. He learned so much from him and he really liked Chad as his instructor. Thanks so much Chad!