Seeing the Light at the Grotto
Enjoy the peace and solitude of mornings at the National Sanctuary of Our Sorrowful Mother as you learn how to make your photos stand out with beautiful light and composition.
What You Will Do
- Set off on a guided photo tour in Portland, snapping pics of the legendary Catholic sanctuary, The Grotto
- Take photos of the statues and rock formations, capturing its beauty in natural morning light
- Weave around the shrine's scenic botanical gardens, enjoying the blooming flowers and lush greenery up close
- Pick up plenty of tips and tricks from a professional, showing you how to utilize light and more
- Guided photo tour
- Admission to the upper level is included
Children ages 13-17 may attend, but must be accompanied by a legal guardian. Guests should be comfortable walking 1-2 miles. A signed liability waiver required.
Please bring a DSLR or point and shoot camera, fully charged battery and backup–enough for two hours of shooting, enough memory cards for 200 images, any lenses or lens hoods you may have, such as wide, standard or telephoto, camera manual, and a lens cloth if you have it. It is recommended that you wear good walking shoes and proper attire for the weather (hooded raincoat, waterproof shoes, windbreaker)
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 14 days in advance.
- 3 Ratings