Flavors of West Marin Food Tour
Savor sustainability as you explore beautiful Point Reyes during a culinary adventure. Enjoy exclusive tastings of cheeses, wines, oysters, grass-fed meats, breads and more as you discover what makes West Marin so unique.
What You Will Do
- Uncover the West Marin dining scene as you savor wines, cheeses, pastries, breads, organic produce, grass-fed meats and oysters
- Visits seven different stops, including Bovine Bakery, Brickmaiden Breads, Cowgirl Creamery Cheeses, Marin Sun Farms, Table Top Farm and more
- Feast on a gourmet picnic as you look out over Tomales Bay and enjoy complimentary non-alcoholic beverages, or opt for beer and wine purchases
- Follow along with a friendly and knowledgeable guide, who details the history of the area
- Enjoy a tour that introduces you to the food, farms, people, scenery and natural and cultural history of this area
- Food tour with guide
- Discounts on purchases at some businesses
- Transportation, lunch and tastings at all locations
Parking is available. Weather in this area is unpredictable, so bring an umbrella or jacket. Tours happen rain or shine.
Refunds are not available, but you may reschedule your tour.
- 229 Ratings
I can’t say enough good things about this tour. We ate and drank our way through some of the agricultural history of the region while learning more about sustainable and organic farming / ranching practices. So much cheese, pastries, bread, mushrooms, beef, mead, oysters... OMG the oysters. I have never liked them raw but I am now a convert. And this was not some sickly sweet crap mead, this mead is made with the Champaign method and each bottle retains the unique essence of its source honey. I adored our tour guide and our tour group. I am still smiling in happiness.
Wished we had a little less food at Marin Sun Farms (loved the burgers & ice cream but all the salad and fries were unnecessary)
We would’ve given it a 5 Star, but since my husband was allergic to dairy he missed out on some tastings. Although he was able to participate in most tastings, with a little more effort you could’ve included a vegan selection from Bovine Bakery. Otherwise, we learned a lot, had a great time, and loved all the food stops. Hog Island was a highlight — would’ve liked more time there on such a nice sunny day, and having the oysters first before the burgers would’ve been more enjoyable. I was too stuffed by the time we got to the oysters! Also, not much to see at the last farm stop.
Alex was so informative and passionate about each place we visited. I would have liked to see the cheese making and bread making in process but realize we did our tour on a Sunday so maybe this was an off day. Would have also liked to visit a daiey carm in lieu of garden tour or spoken with the local grower. No complaints, I will definitely recommend. Great job!!!
Great tour, very nice people and guides were knowledgeable and informative
Incredible tour, very knowledgable guide that grew up in West Marin, and all the places we went were great (most were busy and we got to skip the lines and had table/area set up for us). Highly recommend this tour.
Out of control TASTY and FUN. Elizabeth was wonderful!
wish there were more food. would have been nice to get own gelato instead of having to scoop awkwardly. farm tour at the end was underwhelming.