- 17 Ratings
Point Doughty Kayaking Tour from Eastsound
Pick up a paddle to explore the dark-blue waters around Orcas Island in a kayak. Follow the North Shore to Point Doughty State Park, a charming section of coastline only accessible from the water.
What You Will Do
- Hop into a kayak for a thrilling tour around Orcas Island, the largest of the picturesque San Juan Islands
- Spot harbor seals, eagles, shore birds, porpoises and more along the rocky shoreline and in the white-capped waves
- Step out of your kayak at Point Doughty State Park for a break from the paddling and to enjoy a nature walk on the beach
- Enjoy beautiful views of Mt. Baker and the surrounding islands before heading back to shore
- Three-hour kayaking tour
- Kayak, paddles, personal flotation devices, dry bags and bilge pumps
25% non-refundable deposit and cancellation fee. Trip is transferable until 72 hours before your departure. No-shows are non-refundable. 100% refund if operator cancel trips due to weather or unforeseen circumstances.
- 17 Ratings
The kayak guide did a great job. However, the administrative team did not try to help me get on the tour I had registered for 6 months ago to Sucia Island. While there was not a enough people to go on the regular tour to Sucia, there was a private booking on that same day. They were happy to include me. However, I was told that there was no way to include me because there was no boat there. They did not want to take the time to add another boat. Prior to that day, knowing I was coming and knowing there was a private tour going out at the same time, there was also no effort made to reach out to the private group to see if they would take one more person, which they were glad to. The admin group did request that I come a day or two earlier, but that was not possible over a weekend at this time of year. I don't live on Orcas, and at this time of year, it is hard to change accomodations and ferry reservations on a weekend on a days notice. I was not only disappointed about not being able to go, but the gentleman and one of the female assistants bullied me about it. They were very unwelcoming, surprising since it is a tourist business. I would never recommend this company to anyone.