Pitillal Centro Walk
Travel to the vibrant cowboy town of Pitillal, just northeast of Puerto Vallarta. Experience the rich culture of rural Mexico as you stroll through bustling fresh produce and fish markets, see the impressive architecture, enjoy artisanal ice cream and more.
What You Will Do
- Listen to the history of this country town, including the impressive origins of the town's central Catholic church whose unique figure of the wooden ascending Christ is carved from a single tree trunk
- Shop for goods and services typical of rural Mexico when you travel twenty minutes northeast of Puerto Vallarta to the cowboy town of Pitillal, founded in 1872 by a handful of settlers
- Treat your taste buds as you sample coconut meat from the shell, fresh sugar cane juice from a hand-cranked press and hand-made artisanal ice cream in local flavors like pineapple basil and tequila
- Learn how piñatas and other speciality goods are made and where the feed store gets its supplies from a local guide who shares insider tips
- See lively street vendors selling everything from baby chicks to carved wooden crucifixes and visit a medicinal herb shop where shamans buy their ingredients for their potions and lotions
- Embrace your inner cowboy as you travel to shops specializing in a large variety of leather goods including boots, hand-tooled belts and custom huaraches
- Relax from your walking trip and enjoy striking flavors with a traditional Mexican lunch at local family restaurant
- Guided walking tour
- Local resident and guide
- Roundtrip bus fare
A maximum of 10 people to each group in order to completely enjoy this cultural immersion experience. Pets are not allowed.
Children must be at least 9 years old. Please bring water, a hat, sunglasses, camera and pesos for shopping and lunch. Reservations must be made 48 hours in advance, allowing for approval from tour company based on availability.
Full refund for cancellations made at least 48 hours in advance. 50% refund for cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance. No refund for no-shows.