Guests should wear comfortable shoes.
- 9 Ratings
Paris Latin Quarter Private Walking Tour
Explore the intellectual center of Paris with a guided walking tour of the Latin Quarter! This ancient Parisian neighborhood preserves Roman remnants from the ancient town of Lutecia that often go unnoticed. See the famous French university, La Sorbonne, where generations of leading French thinkers studied, walk by the marvelous architecture of the Pantheon, and see the famous English bookstore, and more.
What You Will Do
- Meet up with your expert guide who will be leading you on a detailed tour of the best of the Latin Quarter
- Uncover the Roman ruins that still remain from the former town of Lutecia that existed centuries ago
- Wander through the flowering Luxembourg Gardens to discover natural beauty in the heart of the city
- Check out the famous bookstore, Shakespeare & CO, where English and American authors would come to discuss literature
- Visit the Pantheon, an imposing mausoleum where some of the most famous French citizens now rest
- Guided tour
- 9 Ratings
Harriett did a good job but we were interested in learning more about the former literary giants who spent time in the Latin Quarter. I know Hemingway frequented bistros and cafes in the area but she wasn't sure of where these were located. Otherwise, a good tour.