- 1 Rating
Canoe Trip to an Embera Village in Panama
Visit a traditional Embera village where the way of life has remained unaltered for hundreds for years. Glide down a pristine river that leads through the rainforest on your way to learning all about this native tribe.
What You Will Do
- Travel deep into the rainforest on board a motorized canoe to visit a traditional village of the Embera, an indigenous Panamanian people
- Share an authentic meal of fried fish and plantains wrapped in a banana leaf, finished off with delicious fresh fruit
- Immerse yourself in the culture when you paint your body with jagua, a natural pigment used by the Embera for ceremonies
- Get a feel for the rhythm of the jungle with a traditional drum and dance performance
- Look out for blue herons, green kingfishers and keel-billed toucans as you cruise down the Chagres River
- Boat ride and entrance to Embera village
- Bilingual guide
- Picnic lunch
- Round-trip transportation from your hotel in Panama City
Let the tour provider know of any food allergies in advance and they will accommodate you.
You will receive a full refund with 30 days' advance notice, a 50% refund with 15-29 days' advance notice and no refund with under 15 days' notice.
- 1 Rating
Excellent trip, the guide, driver, and entire tour were excellent! We hope to be able to take another tour in the future!