Oyster Farm Tour & Island Clamming Experience in Martha's Vineyard
Visit a local oyster farm nestled off the shores of Katama Bay to try your hand at clamming. End your adventure with a delicious tasting of fresh oysters and clams.
What You Will Do
- Spend your afternoon at one of Martha Vineyard's beautiful ponds or bays where you meet local clam and oyster cultivators and educators
- Learn how these incredible bivalves support the vibrant ecosystem from island experts
- Try your hand at clamming, then cap off your adventure with a tasting of fresh oysters and clams plucked right from the waters around you
- Guided oyster farming experience
- Hands-on clamming and shucking demo
- As fresh-as-it-gets oyster and clam tasting
Please bring: Rain jackets, rain or muck boots, short and long pants, flip-flops, bathing suits, walking shoes, sunscreen, bug spray and water bottle. It can be cold at night, so it is recommended that you bring layers. Meals are not dressy, so please dress comfortably. Some meals include a vegetarian option. Please specify dietary requirements when you make your reservations. While the operator respects dietary choices and restrictions, sometimes it is not possible to offer menu substitutions.
Non-refundable. However, you may transfer your reservation to another person. If you transfer your ticket, you must provide the operator with an email address for the new ticket holder five days prior to the event. There is a minimum of 12 guests for the Oyster event. If there are less than 12 people on your tour, you have the right to cancel the event and you can either choose another adventure or ask for a refund. Please be sure to read http://www.farmfieldsea.com/faq.html for more info or email operator with any questions at email@example.com. If the operator needs to cancel the event because of inclement weather, you can either book another adventure or receive a refund, minus a 10% booking fee. Please email operator with any questions.
- 1 Rating