- 3 Ratings
Governor Basin and Sydney Basin Guided Jeep Tour
Explore the depths and heights of Colorado on a guided jeep ride. Discover natural beauty and stunning landscapes throughout this secluded section of the West.
What You Will Do
- Start your adventure in Ouray, known as the jeep capital of the world thanks to all the available trails that surround this small town, located in the heart of the Rockies
- Discover the Drinking Cup, a former watering hole for miner's mules
- Ride past the town of Sneffels, a ghost town where the boarding house attracted local miners who were looking for a good time
- Head down the Camp Bird Road for a trip past the Camp Bird, Revenue, and Ruby Trust mines that are full of history and surprises
- See flowering meadows, waterfalls, and more as you climb to an elevation of 11,000 feet
- Guided jeep tour
- Water, blankets, and rain coats
Bring camera and or video camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, light snacks, sun shade hat, and long sleeved shirt or jacket.
- 3 Ratings
I had driven my own Jeep up Yankee Boy, but I found the history lesson from Steve, to be fascinating. Very nice guy and and excellent guide. I will certainly recommend CWJ to my friends when they visit the area.
Jeep tour was lots of fun and Hal was the perfect guide! The trail was exciting and beautiful without being scary. Hal really made the trip though. We wished we could have met him out that night for drinks....so many great stories about the area and his life...and that smile :) Being from an east coast city, the jeep tour was a perfect dose of western landscape, culture and personality. Thank you! We will definitely return one day and would love to do another tour with you.
Don did a great job on our trip! We really enjoyed it:)