- 6 Ratings
Corkscrew Gulch Guided Jeep Tour
Strap in for a wild ride through the rugged wilderness of Colorado on an exciting jeep tour!
Roll through grassy hills and steep foothills, as you visit deserted mining towns and imposing mountains.
What You Will Do
- Start your adventure in Ouray, known as the jeep capital of the world
- Climb around Red Mountain, a set of three peaks that have a reddish hue, due to the iron ore they harbor
- Pass through the Uncompahgre Gorge, a deep canyon with a winding river at the bottom
- Cruise through Aspen forests that are home to a diverse range of wildlife
- Head even higher when you travel to the Hurricane Pass, which looks out at the terrain below from a height of 12,730 feet
- Explore the ghost town of Ironton Townsite that harbors a storied past of long gone miners
- Guided jeep tour
- Water, blankets, and rain coats
Bring a camera and or video camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, light snacks, sun shade hat, and long sleeved shirt or jacket.
- 6 Ratings
loved our guide and he was full of information and history
Steve was a great guide for 3old women who had never done this before and doing it on a cold nasty day.
Our driver's name was Don. He asked what we wanted to see (we were the only people on the 8:00 am tour) and took us to historical mining sites. He was full of information about the mines, mills and clean-up efforts. We really enjoyed the trip and talking to Don. would recommend this tour and driver to anyone.
Our driver was very knowledgeable about the area and skilled at driving the route.