- 6 Ratings
Tavares Paddle & Brew
Grab a paddle for an outdoor adventure exploring a gorgeous canal that connects two scenic lakes. After your aquatic excursion, cool down with a brew or two at a bar with over 30 beers on tap.
What You Will Do
- Discover the natural beauty of the Dora Canal as you coast between banks lined with century-old cypress trees draped with Spanish moss
- Keep your eyes open to spot all sorts of wildlife along the shores and in the water, including herons, egrets, anhingas, cormorants, osprey, fish and turtles
- Sample craft beer or wine at the local BRU Taphouse where you have dozens of tasty options to choose from
- Breathe in the fresh air as you peacefully glide along and listen to the sounds of nature that surround you
- 2.5 hour paddling excursion on the Dora Canal
- Choice between kayak or stand-up paddleboard
- Visit to local tap house
Please bring sunscreen, water shoes, a hat and a water bottle.
- 6 Ratings
This was a nice quiet paddle through the canal. Tons of birds and wildlife to see. Even some turtles and gators. Katrina was a great guide and knew the area and the wildlife well. I'd never paddled a Kayak before even but it's a breeze. Anyone can do this so don't let inexperience stop you. The Bru after was a good time, Great beer and good food from BTW next door and great staff at both places.
Awesome time. Totally enjoyed this! Will stop in again if in the area! Thank you for a relaxing, enjoyable time
The Paddle and BRU tour lived up to my expectations. Our guide did an excellent job helping us learn how to paddle board while also giving us insights on the Dora Canal and the wildlife we encountered during our tour. The equipment was in excellent condition and sized properly for each member of my family on the tour. We all had a great time and are looking forward to our next adventure with Adventure Outdoor Paddle.
The whole experience was terrific our guide and owner was wonderful we are definitely planning another adventure soon!!!!
Our family was a mixture of abilities and equipment requirements - an experienced paddle boarder, an experienced kayaker, and two complete novices in a tandem kayak - and our guide accommodated all of our needs and abilities, providing a few suggestions when needed, but in a way that was considerate and helpful. We had a spectacular time looking at all of the birds and wild life, and then had an equally spectacular time at BRU! We would strongly recommend this company (and the Paddle and Bru tour in particular!) Give them a try - you won't be disappointed!