- 18 Ratings
Private VIP Airboat Ride on Lake Jessup
Go gator hunting on a VIP tour that's just you and your pals. Cruise over Lake Jessup on a private airboat ride that takes you deep into gator country, where your private Captain will point out local wildlife.
What You Will Do
- Climb aboard an airboat, the classic way of traversing these swampy waters
- Enjoy a private trip that's just the people you want and your captain, who's also your personal guide through these gator-infested waters
- Explore Lake Jessup — one of the largest bodies of water in the entire state that also has the largest population of alligators
- Catch sight of all sorts of creatures as your experienced guide leads you on a tour that explores the history of the region as well
- See tropical hardwood hammocks, cypress domes, and air plants
- Spend some time bird-watching — see everything from egrets to bald eagles
- An airboat ride
- A guided tour
Please plan on arriving at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. In summer and fall dress light, wear sunblock, sunglasses and bring comfortable shoes. In winter and spring wear layered clothing to ensure comfort.
- 18 Ratings
Everyone was very nice and accommodating, the tour was a lot of fun and even though there were not many gators visible, Steve did a great job getting us to see at least one gator up close.
Awesome airboat ride & Captain was great!!!
We all enjoyed the tour. Afere living here for 30 years this was the first time and it was fun!
We had never done an air boat ride before and it was so much more than we ever expected. Could have stayed out on the lake all day - it was all so beautiful. Captain Todd was extremely knowledgeable and enjoyed his personality very much. Will definitely make another reservation in the future and it goes without saying, we want Captain Todd again!!!! Thank you for showing our family such a fantastic time : )
The guide was outstanding and very informative
Todd did a great job.. my friend from Canada had a ball. Thanks!
We had a blast!!! This was one of the top favorite things we did on our vacation! The weather really stunk the day we went out, but we still had so much fun. And we saw a lot of alligators even with the crummy weather! We highly recommend Black Hammock. This was a very fun experience and we would definitely do it again.
I thought it was very good. Didn't know what to expect because I've never been on an airboat before. Was hopeful we could go a little slower through some of the areas so that my sons and my sister could get a good look at the alligators. In many of the areas we were going so fast at all I saw was several smaller alligators just scramble to get out of the way. We did see a few though going at a slower rate of speed which was good just wish there could've been more of that. Driver was very good and explained everything and had a good sense of humor. Overall it was satisfying