Organic Farm Tour and Tasting in San Diego
Saunter through flowing farm fields full of organic, heirloom, and free range veggies on a USDA organic farm tour. Sample crisp produce and learn about the history, operations, and seasonality of a vibrant family owned and operated farm.
What You Will Do
- Tour the bountiful fields of San Diego's only urban and organic farm
- Hear about how sustainable and seasonal growing practices produce fresh and flavorful vegetables and fruits on a 90 minute organic farm tour
- Harvest and sample mouth watering heirloom varieties of fruits and veggies, including crisp carrots and juicy strawberries and tomatoes
- Pick your own sustainable and organic veggies to take home with you, and learn about succulent and healthy recipes that you can easily recreate at home
- Visit a flock of 500 pasture-raised hens that roam the fields and produce the freshest eggs
- Shop small and organic at a one-of-a-kind farm stand bursting with seasonal and delicious fruits and vegetables after the tour
- 90-minute interactive guided tour of a family operated farm
- Organic and fresh vegetables and fruits to take home
Please wear long pants, close-toed shoes, and bring a hat. Leashed dogs are allowed in The Grove welcome area only; dogs are not allowed to join tours or be in the fields for food safety reasons.
Free rescheduling options available.
- 111 Ratings
I learned so much about farming and how to raise organic vegetables. We enjoyed our knowledgeable guide Faye very much. Thank you Jacqulin
The tour guide had a natural way with children. She was also able to answer detailed questions from the adults. And of course the produce the kids picked was beautiful.
Loved picking veggies! Our kitchen is full of fresh and organic produce which we've been eating for days!