Open Air Painting Adventure on Island Farms in Chilmark
Set off on an insider's tour of the Grey Barn farm and creamery. Enjoy a tasting of the farm's artisanal cheeses, then grab a brush for a special outdoor painting workshop led by local artists.
What You Will Do
- Take part in an intimate and hands-on tour of The Grey Barn with farmer Eric Glasgow
- Meet the farm's owners and the hefty Dutch Belted ladies as you learn all about organic farming methods
- Enjoy an on-site artisan cheese tasting at the Farm's creamery: Sample the farm's four artisanal cheeses paired with beverages
- Learn how the farm's organic methods contributes to their signature cheeses' unique taste and sense of place
- Practice your painting skills with an outdoor class led by local artists, who help you capture the mood and magic of natural landscapes
- En Plein Air painting class led by local artists
- Intimate tour of The Grey Barn Farm
- Meeting with the Farm's owners
- On-site artisan cheese tasting at Grey Barn's creamery
You will travel on foot, by car and boat. Please bring rain jackets, rain or muck boots, short and long pants, flip-flops, bathing suits, walking shoes, sunscreen, bug spray and a water bottle. It can be chilly at night, so please bring layers. Tour operates in light rain and other mild weather conditions.
Non-refundable. However, you may transfer your reservation to another person. If the operator needs to cancel the event because of inclement weather, you can either book another adventure, receive credit towards a future event, reschedule your tickets (subject to availability) or receive a refund minus a 10% booking fee. Please email operator for any further questions.
- 3 Ratings