Visit Vila Nova de Gaia, situated south of the Duoro River, and taste local foods & port wine as we explore unusual food shops, ancient wine caves & cellars and family-run eateries to give you a taste of local Porto life!
Best Price Guaranteed
- Visit a centuries-old port wine cellar (the oldest in the world!) in the heart of the city
- Sample a selection of Port wine produced in the Douro Valley
- Enjoy homemade bacalhau at a humble sidestreet restaurant
- Fill your stomach in true Portuguese fashion - with a gut-busting Francesinha sandwich paired with a beer!
- Escape the typical tourist paths and wander the tiny backstreets of Vila Nova de Gaia
- Try alheira (pheasant sausage) - invented by Portuguese Jews as an alternative to pork - with a fried egg - one of the most popular ways to eat it!
- Stop for nibbles and wine tasting at Porto’s new-age food market, Mercado Beira Rio
- See the ‘Half Rabbit’ by Bordalo II - a famous piece of street art made with odd materials found around the city
- 4-hour guided food tour of Porto
- Friendly and knowledgable local guide
- Wine tastings and a glass of beer
- Numerous dishes, including homemade bacalhau, a Francesinha sandwich, alheira (pheasant sausage)
- You can cancel at any time, up to two days (48 hours) before your scheduled tour and receive a full refund
Oct 23, 2019
Excellent introduction to Gaia on the south side of the river and the culture of the Porto area. We made several stops for great food at a variety of types of restaurants and did a tour and tasting at a port producer. Bring your appetite!
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year