Oldest Port Wine Cave and Food Tour of Porto
Visit Vila Nova de Gaia, situated south of the Duoro River, and taste local foods & port wine as we explore unusual food shops, ancient wine caves & cellars and family-run eateries to give you a taste of local Porto life!
Duration: 4 hours
Cancellation: 2 days learn more
- Visit a centuries-old port wine cellar (the oldest in the world!) in the heart of the city
- Sample a selection of Port wine produced in the Douro Valley
- Enjoy homemade bacalhau at a humble sidestreet restaurant
- Fill your stomach in true Portuguese fashion - with a gut-busting Francesinha sandwich paired with a beer!
- Escape the typical tourist paths and wander the tiny backstreets of Vila Nova de Gaia
- Try alheira (pheasant sausage) - invented by Portuguese Jews as an alternative to pork - with a fried egg - one of the most popular ways to eat it!
- Stop for nibbles and wine tasting at Porto’s new-age food market, Mercado Beira Rio
- See the ‘Half Rabbit’ by Bordalo II - a famous piece of street art made with odd materials found around the city
- 4-hour guided food tour of Porto
- Friendly and knowledgable local guide
- Wine tastings and a glass of beer
- Numerous dishes, including homemade bacalhau, a Francesinha sandwich, alheira (pheasant sausage)
- You can cancel at any time, up to two days (48 hours) before your scheduled tour and receive a full refund