Oahu North Shore History ATV Tour
Learn the history of Oahu on this 16 mile off-roading adventure with your friendly and knowledgeable guide.
What You Will Do
- A 16 mile off-road cultural adventure aboard the world renowned Swiss Military Pinzgauer all-terrain vehicle
- Begins at sea level and treks mountainward to 1,300 feet above Haleiwa town
- Travel through papaya, corn, tuberose fields and old sugar plantation lands while learning about Hawaii's fascinating agricultural history
- Opportunity to travel back in time as you visit an old WWII “pillbox“ and recall the great Pacific battle of Pearl Harbor
- Tackle rough terrain and enjoy sweeping views of the Waianae Mountains and Oahu’s North Shore from your tall, open-aired Pinzgauer
- Revel in Oahu beauty as your expert Hawaiian guide shares ancient stories and cultural views relating to nature
- A private mountain overlook with a light gourmet lunch
- Rain ponchos are provided
Check-in 20 minutes prior to departure. Park at the North Shore Marketplace parking lot. Each guide is CPR and first aid certified; they are also equipped with a first aid kit and both a cell phone and handheld CB for communication purposes. Bring closed-toe shoes to hike, as well as water shoes or rubber sandals (for stream crossings), a towel, and extra clothes.n Guests must be 6+.
- 1 Rating
We were fortunate to have the services of Kaola, premier botanical guide and all things Hawai'i scholar. We enjoied the fruits of the upper Waimea Canyon, and the vistas of the west side Koolau Range, and we learned the Hawai'ian names for each. It was really fantastic. I grew up here, and thought I knew alot about the island, but I learned so much more about wonderful O'ahu on this great outing.