- 127 Ratings
Newport Trolley Guided Tour
Hop aboard a charming trolley for an extensive tour of Newport, one of the most historic and wealthiest cities in America. Explore a seaside paradise full of imposing mansions and breathtaking sights, and listen along as your guide tells tales of its past and present.
What You Will Do
- Take all of Newport in with this extensive tour that covers over 150 intriguing landmarks, that range from the Gilded Age, to the Modern Age
- Drive along the coast as you follow the Ten Mile Ocean Drive — an exclusive stretch of road that was once cluttered with the Rolls Royces of the wealthy on their way to summer mansions
- Gaze at a rich variety of architecture that is the product of over 300 years of construction and development, everything from Colonial to Gothic Revival to Modern
- Marvel at the opulent mansions of Bellevue Avenue, some are so large that they are now museums or even academic institutions
- 90 minute guided trolley tour of Newport
Some trolleys are wheelchair accessible.
- 127 Ratings
Loved the driver who knew all the history of Newport
It was a relaxing and informative drive. My wife enjoyed it very much.
driver was great - lots of info and extra info as he was a life long resident !!
We enjoyed our tour, trolley was clean and comfortable. Driver was knowledgable. Was hoping to see more of the mansions.
Our tour guide really brought old Newport to life at every stop. Wonderful tour!
I didn't actually get to go on the scenic tour. I was running late that morning. However, your website is convenient and well structured. Hopefully I will get another chance to actually go on a trolley tour with your company in the future.
Tour man very interesting and so personable. He really knew his history.
We loved our tour guide, Ann!
What an interesting tour! Thank you for such an experienced tour guide. We were a group of almost 20, and we all had a great time.
Jim is awesome! He is very knowledgeable of the Newport area and has an engaging personality. I would have given 5 stars if the trolley had AC. Aside from that, Jim was so worth the tour.
It would have been nice to stop for at least 5 minutes by the sea to take pictures.
The tour was very good. The driver/tour guide was not very clear on his amplifier. We also left late. I don't think we had enough time to see everything he pointed out. He drove quickly.
Ron was a very professional tour guide Very informative knowing the history of Newport extremely well.
Jim was awesome but it was hard to understand him cuz of the microphone. Itherwisw was fabulous but u need a clearer sound system.
Our tourguide was informative and helpful - however, her "enthusiasm" was not quite up to 5 stars :)
- DANIELLE N
It was REALLY hot day and the air conditioning in the trolley wasn't working very well. The driver & tour were very good otherwise.
The guide was good. He was very knowledgeable. I would have liked to at least stop for a few places. I didn't need to get out, but slow down enough to absorb and take a picture.