Two-Hour Kayak Lesson & Tour in Cold Spring Harbor
Learn to Kayak from ACA certified instructors on the calm and clear waters of Cold Spring Harbor on a 2-hour kayaking tour. Paddle among a variety of shore birds and reptiles, fish and amphibians while enjoying idyllically rural views from the water.
What You Will Do
- Go on a two hour long kayak tour on the serene waters of Cold Spring Harbor
- Enjoy your trip knowing that experienced instructors are by your side the entire way, ready to give you important safety tips and paddling techniques
- Learn essential paddling technique and form with 15 minutes of land instruction that prepares you for your tour
- Spot active wildlife, including Osprey and Blue Heron as you take in the beautiful landscapes of rural Long Island
- Walk the streets of historic Cold Spring Harbor before or after your tour, sit on the grass or park bench in Billy Joel Park, enjoy the sights and sounds of the harbor, or hike in Cold Spring Harbor State Park, located across from the Harbor
- 2 hour kayaking tour with guide
- All equipment needed to paddle
Please, no smoking, alcohol or animals on any of the operator's tours. Liability waivers must be completed on site. Participants 17 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Participants must be able to swim.
Please arrive at least 45 minutes before scheduled trip time. Late arrivals will miss the trip. No experience needed. Must be at least 10 years old to participate. All kayaks are singles. It is recommended that you wear water shoes and clothes that can get wet. Cash only on any balances or on-site purchases.
To change your reservation, please email operator no less than 72 hours before scheduled trip time. You must receive confirmation email to be valid. Check operator website the morning of your trip for cancellations or time changes due to weather.
- 32 Ratings
This was my first time kayaking. Loved it. Joe and Joey are awesome. I felt very safe (I was nervous). Very peaceful and I highly recommend it for first timers and experienced kayakers alike.