Secrets of the Gowanus Canal Walking Tour
Explore the history of the Gowanus Canal on a guided adventure of one of Brooklyn's hottest neighborhoods—and once one of the most actively polluted waterways in the state. Walk along the unique waterway as you hear about its most interesting secrets.
What You Will Do
- Set off on a guided walking tour around the Gowanus Canal, led by Joseph Alexiou, area expert and author of the book "Gowanus: Brooklyn's Curious Canal"
- Enjoy asking your guide plenty of questions, including what makes the Gowanus Canal's neighborhood so special
- Hear tales and tidbits about the canal, including sotries of the foot-long oysters that used to be found in the waters
- Settle into a small-group setting, allowing for a more intimate experience without large crowds getting in the way
- Guided Tour of the Gowanus Canal
Please wear comfortable shoes.