One-Hour Kayak Lesson & Tour in Cold Spring Harbor
Embark on a one hr. kayak tour with land instruction led by certified guides before venturing into the beautiful clear waters of Cold Spring Harbor. Learn proper paddling techniques and spot a variety of birds and sea life.
What You Will Do
- Go on an hourlong kayak tour on the serene waters of Cold Spring Harbor
- Enjoy your trip knowing that experienced instructors are by your side the entire way, ready to give you important safety tips and paddling techniques
- Learn essential paddling technique and form with 15 minutes of land instruction that prepares you for your tour
- Spot active wildlife, including Osprey and Blue Heron as you take in the beautiful landscapes of rural Long Island
- Walk the streets of historic Cold Spring Harbor before or after your tour, sit on the grass or park bench in Billy Joel Park, enjoy the sights and sounds of the harbor, or hike in Cold Spring Harbor State Park, located across the street from the Harbor.
- Hourlong tour and lesson with guide on Cold Spring Harbor
- All equipment
Please, no smoking, alcohol or animals on any of the operator's tours. Liability waivers must be completed on site. Participants 17 years old and younger must be accompanied by an adult. Participants must be able to swim.
Please arrive at least 45 minutes before scheduled trip time. Late arrivals will miss the trip. No experience needed. Must be at least 10 years old to participate. All kayaks are singles. It is recommended that you wear water shoes and clothes that can get wet. Cash only on any balances or on-site purchases.
To change your reservation, please email operator no less than 72 hours before scheduled trip time. You must receive confirmation email to be valid. Check operator website the morning of your trip for cancellations or time changes due to weather.
- 87 Ratings
This is good for a beginner tour. You do not go very far.
Very organized, good communication from Joe and Ryan, and good introduction to equipment and handling the kayak. Stressed safety over all else. An enjoyable first time experience.
I had a great time on my kayak tour. The staff was professional and friendly, and we're pretty fast getting everyone life vests, setting us up with the kayaks, and getting everyone onto the water. I'd definitely do it again!