New York Subway Art Tour
Explore the Big Apple like a New Yorker as you speed through the city on the subway. Immerse yourself in local life and check out intriguing, underground artwork on this unique tour.
What You Will Do
- Cross the Manhattan Bridge for a spectacular aerial view of the magnificent Lower Manhattan skyline while you head to Brooklyn
- Head to Times Square for a unique experience: Feel the energy of New York City when you surround yourself with colorful lights, advertisements and people
- Learn how to navigate the infamous New York City subway system like a true New Yorker
- Examine NYC's fascinating underground subway art while riding and walking through the subway
- See Keith Godard's whimsical Memories of 23rd Street, a collection of mosaics depicting colorful chapeaus worn by celebrities who frequented the area, Tom Otterness's Life Underground and more
- Discover the history and origins of artworks from your knowledgeable, Bronx-born guide
- Roundtrip subway fare for the tour
- Guided tour
Restrooms are available and breakfast can be purchased, not included in tour price, at meeting location.
- 61 Ratings
Very interesting to see sculptures, poetry, domes, murals - all in the subway! Darryl is very knowledgeable about the installations, the process, the suppliers, dates, people - he is a great resource and it was interesting from start to finish. Highly recommend, especially on a rainy day!
Daryl was a great guide and led the way to art I never would have seen otherwise. A full and delightful afternoon!
Excellent and very interesting tour where we learned a lot about NY subway!