Gilbert and Sullivan To Hamilton Downtown Musical Theatre Walking Tour
If you love musicals like 1776, Hamilton, Gilbert and Sullivan, Showboat, Ragtime, and Titanic, you will love this tour! Learn about the origins of New York city theatre history! We meet where it all started downtown in New York's Financial District and work your way through those original curvy Dutch paths all while visiting iconic locations including the original Theatre Row, Southstreet Seaport (TKTS Booth), Titanic Memorial Park, The Bull, and more!
What You Will Do
- Visit the location where the first documented performance of a musical in New York — John Gay’s The Beggars Opera took place!
- Hear stories about the immigrants who were making their way to The NEW York, The Piracy (even copyright infringement!) that took place in the new land, and the merchants and musicians who helped develop the city and musical theatre as we know it
- Sing along with your tour guide songs from musicals like Showboat, South Pacific, and other fun nautical musicals
- Learn about theatre superstitions and other fun quirks that are common among actors
- Guided walking tour
- Supplemental photos and narration provided by your guide
Guests should dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
Rescheduling for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance.