Greenwich Village Historical Walking Tour
Discover Greenwich Village's rich history walking tour down this neighborhood's vibrant streets. Listen to entertaining stories of past residents, see 19th-century architecture and more.
What You Will Do
- Learn about the storied history of Greenwich Village, known as a popular hangout for hippies, artists, writers and gangsters
- View the iron and brick 19th-century architecture that characterizes the Village and tour the castle of great Native American Sachems
- Hear stories of past residents that include the scandals of the Founding Fathers and interesting tales of artists, crime bosses and musicians
- Follow the Minetta Creek path to explore hundreds of years of Village history, culture and art with your local guide
- Customize the tour by getting an opportunity to cover other areas of the city upon request
- Hang out with a lifelong resident and history buff who knows NYC well and enjoys sharing his knowledge
- Approximately a two-hour walk
- Customize time and length of tour
- Choose your special focus
- Small groups of 1- 6 people
- Rest along the way as needed
Please call operator if you are going to be late or have an emergency. Please be respectful of others and always use caution when crossing the street.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance.