Experience Harlem Bike Tour
Head back to the time of the Harlem Rennaissance on a bike tour where you see historical landmarks, museums and churches. Stop for a short break at Harlems' most famous bakery, and try local dessert and pastries.
What You Will Do
- Ride down tiny streets that a bus couldn't visit on a fun-filled bike tour through a classic New York neighborhood, Harlem
- Explore the district where the Harlem Renaissance took place decades ago as you visit important landmarks full of history
- Indulge yourself with sweet treats at Harlem's most famous bakery: Sample sweet delights that fill you up for more fun
- Learn how this area was transformed from a Dutch village into a modern urban metropolis
- Bike past the homes of Harlem greats, including Langston Hughes, Madam CJ Walker and Maya Angelou
- An experienced tour guide
- A bike equipped with a basket and helmet
- Bottle of water
Be sure to come hydrated, dress comfortably, wear sunscreen, and come prepared to have fun.
Your payment is fully refundable if you cancel at least 72 hours in advance, and your payment is 50% refundable if you cancel 48 hours in advance. This tour goes out rain or shine, if raining riders will be provided with ponchos and bikes that come with fenders.
- 50 Ratings
Julia was a very knowledgeable guide. It was a beautiful day and everyone we meet was very friendly. The food choices were awesome too. Well worth the cost.
The tour and concept itself are great! We do have feedback on customer care. It's great that when we registered you asked for experience / comfort levels with city cycling in traffic. Our group of 5 covered the spectrum. However, on the day, no one tried to identify who was who. Given 1 or 2 of us had specified that we were not that comfortable / confident in traffic, the guide should have identified that person/s and taken care to put them at ease. Which brings me to the second point. Our guide made no effort to keep the group together, ran red lights, zagged across streets when safe for him to do so without checking on the rest of the group, did not pause before / after lights to keep the group together and did not wait for the entire group before starting on his narrative - sometimes finishing completely before the group caught up. For those of us who were more confident it was a great experience but for the others it was not.
What a fabulous outing! Maxine had a lot of knowledge and the experience left us with beautiful memories of Harlem. Have already recommended it to others! Thank-you again from your Canadian friends, ~ Lydia & Jasmine.
Maxine and her team provided us with a very entertaining, well organized tour of Harlem. It was interesting, insightful and fun. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this tour.