Experience Harlem Bike Tour
Explore the cultural and political forces that made Harlem so desirable. See why it is a destination for music, food, art, nightlife, film and general culture in NYC.
What You Will Do
- Ride down tiny streets that a bus couldn't visit on a fun-filled bike tour through a classic New York neighborhood, Harlem
- Explore the district where the Harlem Renaissance took place decades ago as you visit important landmarks full of history
- Indulge yourself with delicious coffee and pastries on our break and delectable lunch (lunch is included in the price of the tour)
- Learn how this area was transformed from a Dutch village into a modern urban metropolis
- Bike past the homes of Harlem greats, including Langston Hughes, Madam CJ Walker and Maya Angelou, etc
- An experienced tour guide
- A bike equipped with a basket and helmet
It is recommended that you use sun-screen, sun glasses and wear light clothing. Larger bags can be stored in the shop during the tour. There are baskets on the bikes to hold your smaller items. This tour is lead in English. Please email if another language is preferred. There is a 30-minute lunch break. Gratuities are not included.
Full refunds for cancellations made at least 72 hours in advance.
- 63 Ratings
i liked the tour but I thought it was lacking a bit of historical explanation. Also it would be good to see a bit of street art and more of the black american culture.
I felt joy in accomplishing the tour. For me it was a challenge. The bike was a little difficult to maneuver.
Julia was a very knowledgeable guide. It was a beautiful day and everyone we meet was very friendly. The food choices were awesome too. Well worth the cost.
The tour and concept itself are great! We do have feedback on customer care. It's great that when we registered you asked for experience / comfort levels with city cycling in traffic. Our group of 5 covered the spectrum. However, on the day, no one tried to identify who was who. Given 1 or 2 of us had specified that we were not that comfortable / confident in traffic, the guide should have identified that person/s and taken care to put them at ease. Which brings me to the second point. Our guide made no effort to keep the group together, ran red lights, zagged across streets when safe for him to do so without checking on the rest of the group, did not pause before / after lights to keep the group together and did not wait for the entire group before starting on his narrative - sometimes finishing completely before the group caught up. For those of us who were more confident it was a great experience but for the others it was not.
What a fabulous outing! Maxine had a lot of knowledge and the experience left us with beautiful memories of Harlem. Have already recommended it to others! Thank-you again from your Canadian friends, ~ Lydia & Jasmine.
Maxine and her team provided us with a very entertaining, well organized tour of Harlem. It was interesting, insightful and fun. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this tour.