Arthur Avenue Little Italy Food Tour
Take a tour of Arthur Avenue, the Bronx's Little Italy neighborhood. Visit a dozen Italian food shops to taste breads, pastries, cheeses and more, plus meet the artisans behind the counter.
What You Will Do
- Spend over two hours sampling the tastiest of Little Italy in the Bronx for a filling experience in this classic neighborhood
- Head to Vincent's Meat Market, named one of the 10 best butcher shops in New York City, to meet the man behind the magic
- Sample scamorza, parmigiano reggiano and a decadent truffle cheese at Calandra's, plus the house-made mozzarella and ricotta cheese, the most authentic you'll find outside Italy
- Take a stroll through the enormous Arthur Avenue Retail Market to sort through high-quality pastas, flours, cookies and canned tomatoes imported from Italy
- Look up at the "sausage chandelier" at Calabria Pork Store and sample their house cured pork products.
- Taste pistachio dipped cannoli at Caffé and Gelato, then visit Addeo's bakery for a taste of addictive "cheegola" bread
- Tastings of bread, cheese, pastry and salumi equivalent to a medium sized lunch
- 2.5 hour guided tour
Vegetarians can be accommodated, but vegan and gluten-free guests will, unfortunately, not be able to enjoy the full scope of available tastings. Please make a note of any allergies the partner should know about. Please note that in some destinations there may be limited or no options for dietary needs. Some destinations may be challenging for those with wheelchairs or other assistive devices.
Full refund within 48 hours of the date of your reservation.
- 128 Ratings
The Arthur Avenue Food Tour is a great introduction to Arthur Avenue's Little Italy complete with historical tid-bits, tasty bites and wonderful recommendations on what to buy and where. We ended up with a private tour including pastries, coffee, oysters on the streets, cheese samples and more. Highly recommend this tour to anyone new to the area and who wants to save time hunting on their own for the best places.
Great tour, Daniele was a super guide.
Loved the tour, the history, and the food! Thanks much for a wonderful experience!
Our guide was lovely but I didn’t feel we had any kind of special advantage for samples at the various spots. These places put samples out for everyone and we often only had that option. Pastry shop had history but not the best pastry. Meal at the end should be nicer. Overall we enjoyed but for $80 per person I’d expect more exclusive experiences.
We grew up in the Bronx and eat in one of the great restaurants on Arthur Avenue at least once a year. However, we didn’t realize how little we knew about the history of the area until we went on this tour with Danielle. The facts & stories she shared have given us a greater appreciation of this unique destination.
I was hoping to sit down and taste some good fresh pasta.