Explore the history of the Gowanus Canal on a guided adventure of one of Brooklyn's hottest neighborhoods—and once one of the most actively polluted waterways in the state. Walk along the unique waterway as you hear about its most interesting secrets.
Duration:  1hr 30mins
Cancellation:  No refunds for cancelled bookings
Best Price Guaranteed
- Set off on a guided walking tour around the Gowanus Canal, led by Joseph Alexiou, area expert and author of the book “Gowanus: Brooklyn’s Curious Canal”
- Enjoy asking your guide plenty of questions, including what makes the Gowanus Canal’s neighborhood so special
- Hear tales and tidbits about the canal, including sotries of the foot-long oysters that used to be found in the waters
- Settle into a small-group setting, allowing for a more intimate experience without large crowds getting in the way
- Guided Tour of the Gowanus Canal
Please wear comfortable shoes.
Meeting location:  567 Union St
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year