This tour includes most of the academic institutions clustered in this lovely neighborhood. We also see its parks, churches, and beautiful apartment buildings.
Duration:  2hrs 15mins - 2hrs 30mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- Walk through this lovely neighborhood filled with attractive apartment buildings, colleges and universities, churches, and parks.
- See a cluster of great academic institutions: Columbia University, Barnard College, Teachers College, Manhattan School of Music, and two theological seminaries.
- Visit two iconic New York City churches: The Cathedral of St. John the Divine and Riverside Church.
- See two charming neighborhood open spaces: Morningside Park and Sakura Park.
- Visit the impressive tomb of Ulysses S. Grant, Civil War General and later U.S. President. Inspired by Napoleon’s Tomb in Paris, it is the largest largest tomb by volume in the United States.
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guide will stop at a number of the academic institutions, churches, and parks in Morningside Heights.
- All the while we will be walking through a lovely neighborhood filled with charming buildings from the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.
- Most important is sturdy and comfortable footwear. If the weather is cold, please be sure to wear/bring warm enough clothing including a hat and gloves.
- This walking tour does not accommodate dogs.
Full refund if you cancel up to 48 hours in advance.
Meeting location:  1030 Amsterdam Ave
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year