Iconic Stroll: Morningside Heights Walking Tour
Discover the charm of this lovely neighborhood as the tour takes you through the clustered academic institutions, picturesque parks, historic churches, and stunning apartment buildings
Cancellation: 2 days learn more
- Walk through this lovely neighborhood filled with attractive apartment buildings, colleges and universities, churches, and parks
- See a cluster of great academic institutions: Columbia University, Barnard College, Teachers College, Manhattan School of Music, and two theological seminaries
- Experience a captivating journey, visiting two iconic NYC churches, The Cathedral of St. John the Divine and Riverside Church, and exploring the charm of two delightful neighborhood open spaces, Morningside Park and Sakura Park
- Visit the impressive tomb of Ulysses S. Grant, Civil War General and later U.S. President. Inspired by Napoleon’s Tomb in Paris, it is the largest largest tomb by volume in the United States
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guide will stop at a number of the academic institutions, churches, and parks in Morningside Heights
- All the while we will be walking through a lovely neighborhood filled with charming buildings from the late 1800’s and early 1900’s
- Most important is sturdy and comfortable footwear.
- If the weather is cold, please be sure to wear/bring warm enough clothing including a hat and gloves.
- This walking tour does not accommodate dogs.
1030 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10025, USA
Full refund if you cancel up to 48 hours in advance.
Jul 27, 2021
Leigh was incredible tour guide and the neighborhood was beautiful! Such a nice balance of information about the area with time for questions/discussions depending on our interests. Thank you so much!
Review provided by Peek Pro