This tour focuses on the neighborhood’s many murals and mosaics, which reveal a great deal about the lives of the people who live there.
Duration:  2hrs - 2hrs 15mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- See the colorful murals and mosaics of East Harlem which tell us so much about the history, culture, and politics of this neighborhood and its residents.
- See murals of the tropical Caribbean islands from which many members of this community emigrated to New York; of accomplished citizens of East Harlem, such as the poets Julia de Burgos and Pedro Pietri; and of famous people, such as Che Guevara and Celia Cruz
- Go on a great tour for people who are interested in public art.
- See a different neighborhood that most visitors to NYC do not get to.
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guide will stop at about 20 murals and mosaics, giving information about each of them and the artists who created them.
- Guide will also present general information about the East Harlem neighborhood and will point out significant buildings there.
- Most important is sturdy and comfortable footwear. If the weather is cold, please be sure to wear/bring warm enough clothing including hat and gloves.
- This tour does not accommodate pets.
Full refund if you cancel up to 48 hours in advance.
Jul 2, 2022
Enjoyed learning more about the area and histiry
May 26, 2022
May 16, 2022
Jan 15, 2022
The Spanish Harlem Walks are an amazing learning opportunity for everyone. My two High School Spanish classes are grateful for learning about Spanish Harlem’s culture and heritage through the beautiful murals and mosaics. Leigh is a knowledgeable and patient guide that showed us this vibrant and beautiful Barrio in NYC. Thank you so much for the opportunity.
Sep 4, 2021
Meeting location:  1030 Amsterdam Ave
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year