This tour focuses on the neighborhood’s many murals and mosaics, which reveal a great deal about the lives of the people who live there.
Duration:  2hrs - 2hrs 15mins
Best Price Guaranteed
- See the colorful murals and mosaics of East Harlem which tell us so much about the history, culture, and politics of this neighborhood and its residents.
- See murals of the tropical Caribbean islands from which many members of this community emigrated to New York; of accomplished citizens of East Harlem, such as the poets Julia de Burgos and Pedro Pietri; and of famous people, such as Che Guevara and Celia Cruz
- Go on a great tour for people who are interested in public art.
- See a different neighborhood that most visitors to NYC do not get to.
- Friendly and knowledgeable tour guide will stop at about 20 murals and mosaics, giving information about each of them and the artists who created them.
- Guide will also present general information about the East Harlem neighborhood and will point out significant buildings there.
- Most important is sturdy and comfortable footwear. If the weather is cold, please be sure to wear/bring warm enough clothing including hat and gloves.
- This tour does not accommodate pets.
Full refund if you cancel up to 48 hours in advance.
Meeting location:  1030 Amsterdam Ave
To see the full calendar click theBook Now button below
More activities from this operator
Over 1 million bookings
for the world’s greatest activities are processed by Peek every year