Whitney Plantation & St. Joseph Plantation Tour
Travel back in time to the Antebellum South on this fully narrated van tour, visiting two Louisiana Plantations. Explore Whitney Plantation and it's Museum of Slavery before taking a ride through sugar cane fields to St. Joseph Plantation—a working sugar cane plantation since 1877.
What You Will Do
- Embark on a group tour of the Antebellum South, driving along the Mississippi River in a comfortable van with professional guide
- Explore two Louisiana Plantations, including the Whitney Plantation, also known as the Museum of Slavery, and St. Joseph Plantation
- Learn about the years of slavery in the South as you tour the scenic grounds of these historic plantations
- See the grounds and sugar fields where the movie, "12 Years a Slave" was filmed
- Half-day tour guided tours
- 53 Ratings
- Tara Alcock
Excellent! The Whitney Plantation is a must see for anyone visiting this area and Isabelle's tour is a great way to see it.
- Rae Franklin
Muriel was great and there was plenty of time at each tour location. The bus was full but it was still a comfortable ride.
- MartiKay Simonsen
LOVED this tour! Giselle was very sweet and she shared a lot information about Nawlins and the plantations were wonderful! Really love St. Joseph! Our tour guide was fabulous! She really a passion for her work!